Pittsburg Hot Link Festival to hold talent search
The Pittsburg Hot Link Festival is holding a Talent Search on Jan. 30 from 6:30 - 9:00 p.m. at The Anvil, 115 South Compress Street in Pittsburg.
“We are so excited to discover talented artists of all kinds to perform on one or both of our two stages throughout the day of the festival, “ said Pittsburg Hot Link Festival Entertainment Coordinator, Jodie Wilk of Performance Supply Company. “It’s gonna be so much fun finding lots of George Strait cover artists for our George Strait Battle. All ages should come audition with their best George Strait song. If selected, you’ll sing among the other contestants at the festival’s evening entertainment. The audience will vote on their favorite; the top two will perform again for a final vote then we’ll crown The King of Country!”
In addition to the George Strait Battle, they will be auditioning all types of artists of all ages: singer soloists/duos/groups (gospel/christian, tribute and other cover artists, singer/songwriters), musicians/bands, dancers (jazz, hip hop, dance/drill teams, contemporary, tappers/cloggers, cultural) twirlers, gymnasts, cheer teams, specialty acts (live painting, cirquetype acrobats) comics (clean/family-friendly), magicians, theatre groups and more.
You can also audition for the “Hot Stuff Remix” dance production; dance and cheer groups, twirlers and gymnasts will be selected for a choreographed production number. This routine kicks off the festival’s evening entertainment on the main stage.
“As a dancer and choreographer for over thirty years, I am thrilled to work with our areas best trained movement artists to produce this fun piece.”
Choreography will be taught in small groups late March into early April.
Then rehearsals for the entire piece will be held one week prior and the day before the festival. More information about rehearsal dates will be given at auditions.
“We want talented, fun-to-watch performers. If you play an instrument, do it with style! If you dance, smile! If you’re singing like Elvis or Bruno Mars, go all out," Wilk said. “Go for excellence in your audition because we can’t wait to share your talent with East Texas!”
Performance Supply Company is a new theatre and performance school in Pittsburg. For more information about auditions go to www.performancesupplycompany.com.
• Email Jodie Wilk for a time slot at jodiewilk@ performancesupplycompany.com. In the email please provide: Name, age, talent, training and performance experience (not required, we just want to get to know you). Please include a picture, if possible.
• You must be available for the Hot Link Festival on April 25 from 8 a.m. - 10 p.m.; if selected for a daytime entertainer you will receive a performance time via email; George Strait Battle contestants will perform at 5:30; Hot Stuff Remix performers must be available for choreography and group rehearsals and will perform at 5:15.
• Be on time at the Anvil, Thursday, Jan. 30 for your appointed audition time slot.
• If you have a headshot and resume, please bring them. You must bring your own instruments, equipment and tracks (karaoke, vocal). There will be microphones.
• Those selected to perform will be notified via email. We do not discuss selections during auditions. We will provide feedback via email but our selections are final and not open for discussion. The auditions will be fun! So...smile!